LPG TANK FARM
We BNH Gas Tanks are exporter and manufacturer of LPG Tank Farm at cheap cost. The tanks are as per customer’s requirement.
We are pioneer in building LPG TANK FARM for receiving LPG by ship for storage and distribution purpose on turnkey basis. The terminals are designed based on the customers’ requirements like Total storage capacity to be stored, Minimum quantity of LPG that can be received at the Tank Farm in each consignment, Land available, Distribution network available for refilling and resale of bulk LPG, Ease of operation and maintenance, Automation of the entire Tank Farm for effective operation and safety of the terminal, we offer efficient systems for Tank Farm management and inventory management.
We carry out the design and construction of terminals and storage facilities for complete Tank Farmon turnkey basis for various products like crude oil, petroleum products and LPG, Ammonia etc by incorporating enhanced control systems and a good maintenance program.
Special features of the LPG Tank Farm are as follows:
1) Facility to unload LPG from ship into storage tanks
2) LPG Storage tanks or Spheres of various capacities like 2000, 3000, 5000, 10000 Tons etc
3) Facility to load LPG from storage tanks into LPG semitrailers for distribution purpose
4) Facility to fill LPG from storage tanks into small cylinders with testing facility for filled cylinders
5) Fire fighting and water sprinkler system
6) Gas leak detection system
7) Tank gauging system to determine the quantity of LPG in each tank on your computer
8) High level alarm system to sound alarm when level in tank reaches 85%
9) Other instrumentation and electrical system but without civil work
10) Reloading the LPG back into small barges for local distribution on small islands.
Oil terminals, LPG storage, crude oil tanks, Petroleum products like Diesel, Petrol, Jet fuels, Kerosene, Ammonia, Ethylene, Propylene, etc
Mounded bullets provide intrinsically provide passive and safe environment and eradicates the possibility of boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion (BLEEVE) though handling LPG possesses various challenges, due to its inherent dangerous properties, modern state of art safety features is taken into consideration while designing the facilities using various international codes.
LPG can be stored in Terminals in various ways like LPG sphere, LPG Mounded vessels, Above ground LPG storage tanks etc.
The scope of EPCC Contracts include:
• Design and Detailed Engineering
• Fabrication, Testing, Procurement, Erection, of Piping and storage tanks s.
• Safety measures like Fire Fighting etc.
• Supply and Installation of safety System.
• Ground Improvement & Civil works
• Electrical and Instrumentation work
LPG Tank Farm projects executed:
• 5 x 1500 cum. Mounded LPG Bullet Terminal.
• 12 x 500 cum. LPG above ground Storage Terminal.
• 4 x 1000 m3 LPG Storage Bullets Terminal
• 12 x 400 cum. LPG storage Tank Farmat port.
• 4 x 2000 cum.LPG port facility.
• 2 x 8500 cum. LPG sphere for Tank Farm
• 4 x 5000 cum LPG spherical tanks for LPG Tank Farm
Other tank Farm projects executed as per API 650 Norms:
• 3 x 7500 cum. Petroleum product tank farm .
• 4 x 4 Million gallons Petrol and Diesel tank farm .
• 4 x 2 Million gallons Kerosene , Petrol , Diesel and Jet fuel tank farm
• 10 x 8000 cum. Crude oil tank farm .
• 2 x 2000 cum.Ethanol tank farm .
• 5 x 15000 cum. Molasses tank Farm
• 4 x 5000 cum Edible oil tank Farm
Design Code ASME, PD 5500, AD Merkbaltter and others.
Design Pressure 17.16 Bar
Design Temperature -20 Deg C to + 55 Deg C
Volume 500 M3 to 20000 M3 TOTAL STORAGE
We carry out Mechanical Design Calculations and prepare the Fabrication Drawings get it certified by reputed international Third party inspection agency like BV, DNV, SGS, TUV and others. The capacity of these tanks range from 50m3 to 5000m3 as per customers’ requirement. We undertake complete Design, Material Procurement, Supply, Fabrication, Erection, Inspection, Testing & Commissioning of LPG Tank Farms .
Safety Features provided for LPG Tank farms
The Tank Farmis provided with various safety measures like:
• Fire fighting and water sprinkler system
• Gas leak detection system
• Asset management system
• High integrity design; and
• Comprehensive emergency systems.
• Tank gauging system to prevent accidental overfill
• High level alarm system to sound alarm when level in tank reaches 85%
• Safety valves located on storage tanks
• Excess flow check valves on all outlets to prevent excess flow of LPG in case of downstream rupture or likewise situation
• Deluge system
• High temperature protection system
• High pressure protection system
• Flame detection system
• Emergency stop switches at strategic location
• Audio and visual alarm system for entire plant
COMPARISON OF OUR LPG TANK FARM WITH MULTIPLE STORAGE TANKS AS COMPARED TO TANK FARM WITH SPHERES:
1) Least initial investment and financial risk
2) Minimum time for construction
3) LPG Multiple storage tanks makes the project faster, economical, easier and will in turn help the company to start the Tank Farm as soon as possible which in turn will generate good immediate returns.
4) LPG Multiple Storage tanks are much safer since it weight is distributed evenly on a larger area thus reducing chances of collapse as compared to sphere, especially in small islands prone to earth quakes, cyclones and Tsunami as can be verified from the recent incident in Japan where a row of LPG sphere went under severe fire condition.
5) Multiple LPG storage tanks have an added advantage that the load is distributed over a larger area thus the problem of uneven settlement / collapse is largely reduced.
6) In case of installations with Multiple LPG storage tanks if there is any problem / maintenance / repair / breakdown of any one tank the outlet and inlet valves of the same can be closed and the tank can be isolated, also in case of emergency the LPG product in the tank under repair / maintenance can be easily transferred to another tank located in the same plant thus increasing safety of the plant. Whereas in case of sphere if there is any problem with the sphere or its valves or pipeline the entire plant comes to a stand still (This is a loss to the company in terms of business loss, product loss, as well as extra demurrage that the company may have to pay to the shipping company if unfortunately the LPG ship also arrives the same time when the sphere has generated a possible breakdown). But in case of multiple storage tanks even if one of the tank generate a possible breakdown and the LPG ship also arrives the same time still the LPG from the ship can be unloaded to the remaining tanks and the company will have to incur least loss due to ship demurrage.
7) Though there is a common notion that for the same volume a sphere has the least surface area and least thickness and hence lesser weight and less cost but our past experience suggests that weight saved in making a sphere as compared to storage tank is lost as wastage in the development of various sections (petals and crown) thus leaving little or no benefit of the weight saved.
8) The fabrication cost increases considerably in case of sphere as compared to multiple LPG storage tanks, since the sections have to be pre fabricated at shop, shipped to site, adjusted, assembled and welded at site piece by piece in proper sequence, heat treated, radiographed and tested at site. Fabrication of sphere requires lot of time since the petals / sections are required to be assembled piece by piece in proper sequence and completion of one stage is entirely dependent on completion of the earlier stage as so on and so forth. More over there is a continuous requirement of close monitoring, blockage of all construction equipments and manpower till the entire completion of work sequence by sequence, this makes the fabrication of sphere still more costlier and time consuming as regards to blockage of manpower, machinery rent etc.
Petroleum Products Tank Farm:
• Petroleum products tank farm
• Tank farm for storage and distribution of petrol, diesel, kerosene, jet fuel etc
• Tank farm for crude oil
• Tank farm for Ethanol
• Tank farm at airports for fuel storage
• Pumping stations and related installations
• Loading platforms for tankers
• Oil separation facilities
• Infrastructural works